The Parker Palm Springs- Like Science Camp but way better


Jonathan Adler has a very specific look, some people dig it, others don't but whatever camp you're in, his style works perfectly in this setting. Speaking of camp, when I was in the 6th grade, they forced us to go to Science Camp where we were held hostage in nondescript bungalows, ate dog chow, made "crafts", and went on night hikes that scared the shit out of us. The camp counselors were loser hippies and one girl threatened to burn the place down if her mom didn't pick her up STAT! When walking back to our room from a delicious dinner at Mr. Parker's (shout out to Tommy the restaurant manager and Jeffrey, our fab waiter) through the winding trails, I thought, this is what Science Camp was missing! I was confident in my walk in the dark because I knew my final destination was a stroll down Anaglypta lined walls, red laquered doors, and ultimately my plush bed. Good design is a beacon in the night people! 


No comments:

Post a Comment